- Lead a small group of Graphic Designers in our successful Marketing team
- Attractive salary package, generous staff discounts and more
- Work in a fun environment with a great team culture
At Beacon Lighting, our reputation as Australia’s leading lighting specialist comes from our comprehensive range of the very latest lighting styles, trends and innovations and the most up to date designs. For us, lighting is not just about the flick of a switch, it influences the way we feel, work and live. Trading for over 50 years now, Beacon Lighting is a household name, and a stable company that continues to successfully grow the business.
In this role you will work with the Creative Director and the Marketing team to execute marketing material and graphic design projects. This full-time role will see you playing a key role as a graphic designer in a fast paced environment. You will also manage the Design team in the day to day activities, by coaching, mentoring and guiding the team to ensure market position and brand integrity is maintained.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Creating print and digital artwork for the Beacon Lighting Group, ensuring brand position and style guidelines are met.
- Designing engaging, creative concepts and marketing collateral for catalogues, magazine, press ads, stationery, brochures, signage, point of sale and visual merchandising material
- Re-touching all images before they can be used for print or online
- Rolling out campaigns across Beacon’s website and various social media platforms, designing EDMs and any online material required
- Conducting weekly creative WIP meetings, leading and inspiring the team, ensuring creative follows brand guidelines, managing workload, leading by example and get the best creative ability from the team
- Checking final artwork to ensure accuracy of information, spelling and details
- Working on location at photo shoots with the Creative Director, Photographers and Stylists
- Assisting with placing imagery into layouts on location, ensuring the generated content works perfectly in the designs and that brief is followed
- Attending creative presentations meetings where campaign ideas are presented
- Maintaining an accurate and up to date image library
- Ensuring projects are completed within specified deadlines
- Investigate and implement more efficient systems and processes for the design team
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A Diploma/Degree in Graphic design/Graphic Arts
- Experience across print and digital
- Sound knowledge of pre-press and production processes
- Minimum 7 years experience in graphic design across an in-house retail environment, an advertising agency or freelancing for studios
- Strong proficiency with the Mac platforms including: Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, Acrobat and the Microsoft Office suite
- 2+ years experience in a similar leadership role
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Effective ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Proven ability to take on constructive feedback
- Demonstrated ability to take initial concepts through to finished art, with sound knowledge of pre-press and production processes
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the confidence to manage multiple design projects at one time and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary package, generous staff discounts on our beautiful products and free on-site parking. You will also enjoy working with an innovative and exciting range of products and being part of a fun and energetic team.
How to Apply
Don’t miss this rare opportunity! If this role sounds like you, click on 'Apply Now' and follow the process to complete your application.